Student Based Health Center
Norwalk Community Health Center opens a new School Based Health & Wellness Centers at Ponus Ridge STEAM Academy and Concord Magnet School in Fall 2023.
From Norwalk Community Health Center:
Our nationally recognized health center is honored to be partnering with Ponus Ridge STEAM Academy and Concord Magnet School to provide school-based health and wellness services for your child. Together with you and your child's main doctor, we will work toward keeping your child healthy and in school.
See below for services that will be provided as well as an orientation packet and brochure for the health and wellness center.
SBHC services offered:
• Diagnosis and treatment of minor illnesses/injuries
• Physicals (sports, school, or pre-employment)
• Health screenings
• Health education/risk reduction
• Anti-Bullying Informational Services
• Counseling (individual, family, and group)
• Chronic Disease Management (such as Asthma, Eczema) if NCHC is your Primary Care Provider
• Crisis intervention and suicide prevention
• Nutrition/weight management
• Laboratory testing
• Prescribing and dispensing of medications
• Referrals to outside offices as needed
To request more information, visit the Norwalk Community Health website.